Reflecting is a part of life. Taking stock of what you have, what you’ve done, and what you’ll do next time is essential to living. All too often, my reflections are focused on ways to improve upon something, to be more efficient, effective, productive, or thoughtful. But sometimes it’s just good to reflect on the good things in my life. Today, that’s what I intend to do through TBAs, which stand for Truths, Beauties, and Appreciations.
- I have a magical, wonderful, little life!
- My friends are some of the best friends a girl could ask for! Even when we are continents apart, we are always there to support one another and share in each others’ successes. I love them!
- This year’s SOL challenge has been good for my soul. It’s gotten me out of my writing rut, and allowed me to reconnect with some of my old friends.
- I’ve missed reading. Too many other things have taken my time lately, but I’ve gotten back into this week. I’ve been reading Nightingale, which I am loving.
- Reina, Mel and T’s adorable baby girl, whose smile lights up a room and who can make me happy, even when I’m feeling sick and wiped out.
- Shagger’s new baby Marlowe, who is just too cute for words! I cannot stand not being there to snuggle up with and love on her!
- My passport, full of stamps from my travels around the world.
- The bright, colorful, patterned fabric they have in Senegal. I’ve not seen anything like it before!
- Sally, my colleague and friend, who is always offering to help me out when I’m stressed. Even when her plate is full, too, she is always willing to lend a hand. What would I do without her on my team?
- The love and care Mel, T, Sally, and Agnes have given me this week when I haven’t been well. It’s certainly not what I expected- to be sick while in Senegal- but I appreciate all the care I’ve received.
- My FaceTime chat with Linner this morning. Oh how I have missed her! 🙂
- The fact that I felt well enough to venture out today! Mel and I got to check out the local market. Now that was an experience! It’ll be tomorrow’s slice for sure! 😉
What do you know to be true, beautiful, or appreciate?
Too often we don’t reflect on all the great parts in our lives. You have much to be thankful for with your truths, beauties, and appreciations. What stands out to me the most is all the people you have around the world that are there to support, encourage, and care for you. That speaks of a well loved life. Glad you were able to get out a little today.
Thanks Elsie…I do have some pretty spectacular people in my life to be thankful for! 😉
Truths, Beauties, Appreciations . . . what a terrific idea!
You should try it!
What a lovely idea for a post! I think everyone should do this every so often. So important. I especially love this, “My passport, full of stamps from my travels around the world.” It reminds me of the movie, “While you were sleeping!” I’m glad you are feeling better.
That’s my favorite one, too!!
I’ve never heard of TBAs before…may just have to try my own this week!!
They’re fun! Try them!!