I love writing TBAs, especially when I can’t decide on one idea. For those of you who don’t know, TBAs stand for Truths, Beauties, and Appreciations. It’s such a reflective and grounding exercise, and I highly recommend it.
- Even though this week wasn’t particularly hard or stressful, I’m sure glad it’s Friday. The promise of a weekend is good for my soul.
- When I realized today that there are only 13 more Fridays left in this school year, I panicked slightly at the mountain of work I have left to do in such a short amount of time. I better kick it into high gear!
- I’m going to turn 40 in 2 and a half months, and I’m not entirely sure how I feel about that. Should I be worried? Does this mean I’m old? I don’t feel that old.
- I’ve been missing home lately. Perhaps it’s the fact that I didn’t get to go home for Christmas. It could be that with the uncertainty of travel this summer, I’m worried I won’t be able to go, which would mean more than a year without seeing them. Or it could be the heartbreaking conversation I had with my niece this week, who asked me if I was coming home this summer, and when I told her I wasn’t sure if I could, she said, “But then you won’t get to see Blayke (my new niece who’s due in May) when she’s little. We miss you.” 😦
- I don’t know how people with kids manage it all. I struggle to get all my work done plus daily chores (cooking, cleaning, etc.) and have time to rest and do what I want. I can’t imagine what it would be like if I had to take care of someone else, too.
- My friend’s dog Lori is so cute, and is such a lovely dog. I got to go on a walk with her and Jalyn after work today, which was lots of fun.
- The students on the playground this morning in their colorful Clan t-shirts, playing in the sunshine, were such a beautiful sight.
- My collection of plants by the window, noticeably growing taller, make me happy.
- Smiles and hugs from students brighten my day!
- I love the colorful decor in my home…it’s beautiful, reminds me of my travels, and makes me happy!
- Glorious weather like we had today. The sun was shining, yet it was still a little cool out, and it felt like spring is almost here!
- Coming home to a clean house on a Friday evening is the best feeling. I appreciate my cleaner and the work that she does for me.
- I’ve been loving the book I’ve been reading this week, Firefly Lane. I have 4 more chapters to read, so I’m thankful it’s the weekend, which gives me time to finish it!
- Impromptu Facetime calls from my family. The call from Logan and Randi yesterday was such a fun surprise!
- My friend Jalyn, one of the most generous people I know, treated me to dinner tonight (she’s sneaky and paid the bill before I could argue) at one of my favorite places on the island, Casa di Noa. The food was delicious and the conversation was engaging.