As I sit in the airport waiting for my flight back to Jakarta after being away for the past week, I look around me, trying to find inspiration for my Sunday slice. There’s not much going on that sparks interest. On days like this, I turn to formats that help me put words on the screen. Today I feel a tug. I crave gratitude. TBAs are perfect for that.
Truths: Things I know to be true
- I’ve been off track this week. Being away from home means my routines have been disrupted. I haven’t worked out as much as normal. I haven’t eaten nearly as well as I know I should, and it’s left me feeling sluggish and out of whack. I’m looking forward to lots more fruits and veggies!
- I always pack too much. Always.
- I am capable of more than I realize or give myself credit for.
- Indian food is the most delicious food there is. I don’t feel one bit guilty for eating at the same restaurant two days in a row. Or having leftovers for brekkie today.
- Sometimes I’m confident and put myself out there. Other times I doubt myself, am afraid, and shrink back, taking up as little space as possible. I wish I had more confidence all the time.
Beauties: Things I find beautiful
- The pure joy that radiates from a child.
- The vibrant green that exists in nature.
- The diversity of people. I find it simply amazing that we are all different and no one in the world looks exactly the same. There is beauty in all of us.
- Smiles that light up the room.
- Children who dance like no one’s watching.
Appreciations: Things I appreciate and am grateful for
- This SOL community. I feel like I’m back in my element with my old friends by my side, discovering new friends along the way.
- Friends who keep me accountable to my goals by checking in and cheering me on.
- Having a space to write and the commitment I’ve made to myself to write for a month straight.
- My life. The fact that I get to live abroad and travel often makes me want to pinch myself sometimes. It’s not always easy and it’s not like being on holiday all the time, but I’m happy. And I’m proud of myself for going after my dreams.
- The promise of a new book coupled with a hot cuppa tea.