So today, I’m frustrated. I’ve let something someone said get to me. I’ve been stewing over their rude, unprofessional emails for over an hour. I want to let it go, but it’s one of those ‘straw that broke the camel’s back‘ kind of things. The constant negative complaints have piled up, and I’ve had enough. The fact that I’m in a lot of pain in my neck and shoulder because I pulled a muscle this weekend during the classroom makeover is only making me more irritable. But, rather than give this person any more power over me and my emotions, I’m going to write my TBAs.
TBA stands for Truths, Beauties, and Appreciations. It’s a reflective exercise I do when I’m in a funk and need to get some perspective. I learned it from a very wise friend, and it’s served me well in the past. Dwelling on the positives, rather than the negatives, does wonders in releasing the negative energy that’s currently built up. So without further adieu, here are my TBAs today.
- I have amazing, supportive friends who love me.
- I rarely drink soda, but today after work was a Dr. Pepper kinda day. And I don’t feel one bit guilty.
- I finally booked my Spring Break flights and hotel yesterday, and am so looking forward to some down time in two weeks!
- I’ve been really good about cutting back on watching TV the last couple weeks, but I vegged out yesterday due my shoulder screaming at me. It was good to get caught up on Grey’s Anatomy, Modern Family, and Scandal.
- I work hard, but always feel like it isn’t enough. I’ve been reflecting on this a lot lately. It’s made me think about my productivity, whether I could use my time and energy more wisely, and whether I am being a little too hard on myself.
- The plants all over my living room
- Spencer’s infectious laugh
- The smiles on the students’ faces today at dismissal
- The vibrant greenery that surrounds me just outside my window
- The red dragon fruit juice I drank today- nature is simply beautiful!
- The huge bear hug and thank you I got from a Year 1 student this morning. She ran up to me, wrapped her arms around me, and said, “Thank you, Ms. Kesler for our new room! I love it!”
- I appreciate Rohana so much. She keeps my house clean, makes sure I have healthy food in my fridge, and is the sweetest lady ever!
- Today, I met the man who will potentially be my new boss next year, and he seems really great! I think he’ll be super supportive, and I’ll learn a lot from him. Hope he takes the job!
- I took a luxurious bath last night in my huge bathtub for the first time since I’ve moved in, and it was so relaxing! I might take another one tonight. 😉
- The Slice of Life Challenge- it’s truly a gift each year, and I don’t know what I’d do without it. Thank you TWT for hosting this challenge that has become so much of who I am.
I feel much better now, and I will be able to sleep without that gunk clogging up my mind. A good night’s sleep will do me some good and I’m sure I’ll wake up feeling even better tomorrow!
What do you know to be true, find beautiful, and appreciate?