Reflection is a way to take a step back and look at life from another perspective. When I reflect, all too often it’s to think about how I would have done things differently- behaved in a different way, said something else, been better prepared, etc. While my reflections tend to focus on improvements that can be made for next time, I recognize the importance of reflecting on the good stuff, too. Looking at the world around us, noticing the little things, appreciating what we have, and being thankful are paramount to living a happy life. So in honor of happy reflections, here are my TBAs for today. TBA stands for Truth, Beauty, and Appreciation.
1. I am loved.
2. I look forward to each day, and savor it to the fullest.
3. I am so excited about the SOL challenge! I’ve been lax in my writing lately, and I love this push to dive right back into it.
4. I am passionate about learning, teaching, and literacy, and I love to pass that passion onto others.
5. I could drink my weight in sweet tea.
6. I am leaving for Cairo, Egypt one month from today, and I couldn’t be more thrilled!
1. The two elderly Chinese women I passed on my walk today who were laughing and talking outside of their apartment complex.
2. The flower market on a Saturday afternoon…and my beautiful purple and white spotted orchid I bought to brighten up my apartment.
3. Smiles from strangers
4. Children playing and the joy they exude
5. The promise of a new adventure
6. Thank you notes from children
7. My niece, Randi, who is the cutest 9 month old around!
1. Late night chats
2. An impromptu brunch with my friend Heidi, who is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. She makes me giggle every time we’re around one another.
3. This crazy, busy, surprising, and lovely city I live in
4. The sunshine, which after the rain, is so much sweeter
5. Filling my writer’s notebook with ideas, poems, writing, lists
6. Good friends and good food
8. That my sister-in-law is now cancer-free!
9. The life I have. Looking back, I didn’t know I could be this happy.
10. Butterflies in my stomach
11. My staff and their support last week during Literacy Week 🙂
12. Shopping…too much sometimes!
13. My friends, both near and far
14. Having a job where I can dress up as various book characters, read aloud books, and excite children about literacy!